Isabel is an accomplished woman in technology with a passion for knowledge sharing and continuous learning. She has been sharing her thoughts via her written and spoken words. She was born and grew up in Burma (Myanmar) and now calls Sydney, Australia home. She is currently an engineering manager at a technology company in Sydney, Australia, leading high performing teams and having fun while doing so.
A few years ago, she realised that women in technology are under-represented in the media and industry and she wanted to change that. She believes that change starts with herself and therefore, she started speaking at local meet-ups, events and conferences with the hope to get recognition for women in technology and in leadership positions and to inspire others to do the same.
Outside work, she likes to read, write (sometimes in a programming language) and spend time with her family, especially with her daughter who loves YouTube way too much. You can find Isabel on social media or various publications and websites, talking about topics that she cares about; leadership, career development, and diversity and inclusion.
Isabel is an ISTJ, an Enneagram Type 1, a Reformer and an Achiever.
Topics she speaks about include web development, personal leadership, entrepreneurship, career development, diversity and inclusion and women in technology.
Isabel brings authenticity, warmth, humor and useful insights to her talks and she customises each talk for her particular audience, whether they are students, entrepreneurs, technical groups, people managers or executives.
Her most recent talks are:
- Hiring the best technical talent like a boss – YOW! CTO Summit, December 2017
- How to Survive & Thrive as an Engineering Leader – DevFest by Google Developer Group, November 2017
- Beyond Diversity: Bringing out the Inclusive Leader in You – Inclusive Diversity & Leadership meetup, November 2017
- Owning your Career Development Like a Boss – Girl Geeks Dinner (Sydney), March 2017
- Creating Career Development for Engineering Teams – YOW! CTO Summit, December 2016
- The Keys to Personal Leadership – Emerging Leaders Program, September 2016