Connecting to mysql from command line (eg: PuTTY, ssh)
Question: How do I connect to mysql database server from command line such as PuTTY and ssh?
Answer: The syntax to connect to mysql from command line is as below:
mysql -uUSERNAME -hHOST -pPASSWORD
Replace USERNAME, HOST and PASSWORD with your actual username, host (database server) and password.
Other similar posts that you might be interested in:
- Links Love Series 2: MySQL server fine tuning and administrating
- Store login information in cookie using jQuery
- Fieldset and Legend bug in IE8
- Utf-8 encoding problem with MySQL restore
- Domains hosted on the same server
- 15 tips on optimising MySQL databases and MySQL queries