In this article, the author talks about 12 things you can do to turn your website into a web 2.0 friendly website. But because I do not have a personal web 2.0 site, let’s just use this blog as a model.
1. Replace esomething.com with MYsomething.com – Not applicable. I know there is an e (eisabainyo.net) in my domain name, but that’s only because it’s my name. :)
2. Increase 10px font to at least 12-16px font – Ticked
3. Change categories to tags – Ticked (I’m using catcloud plugin for WordPress)
4. Change your news section to a blog – Not application ‘coz the entire site is a blog.
5. Change email a friend to RSS subscriptions – Subscribe
6. Change bookmark this to social network this – I am using Add This!
7. Change user account to user profile – Not applicable
8. Change crappy hard-coded HTML to Semantic HTML with CSS – Ticked
9. It’s visitors not HITS! – Okaayyyyyy
10. Add comments – *Hint Hint* :P
11. Change esite.com?id=5235&sort=desc&useless=this &one%20more=still%20useless TO.. mysite.com/meaningful-title – Ticked
12. Change custom built site to open source CMS – WordPress all the way!
Original article: 12 ways to turn your Web 1.0 site into a Web 2.0 site
[tags]website, web design, web 2.0[/tags]