07 Aug, 2007
Why are my subqueries slow?
This is why.
Note to self: Only use subqueries ( SELECT * FROM `table1` WHERE `id` IN (SELECT `id` FROM `table2`) ) when it is impossible to achieve the same result using joins.
Other similar posts that you might be interested in:
- 15 tips on optimising MySQL databases and MySQL queries
- Backuping and restoring a single table using mysqldump
- Utf-8 encoding problem with MySQL restore
- Remove the first character in mysql
- Links Love Series 2: MySQL server fine tuning and administrating
- Sun acquired MySQL for $1 billion
- LEFT JOIN and RIGHT JOIN in mysql