Wanna learn PHP?
Recently, a few people have been approaching me with their interest in learning PHP and today, I came across this article PHP 101: PHP For the Absolute Beginner via Digg. Talk about timing!
This area is intended for everyone new to PHP. It opens with a series of informal, entertaining tutorials written by Vikram Vaswani, founder and CEO of Melonfire. These tutorials build on a previously-published 5-part series which has now been updated and extended to embrace PHP 5, making parts of it suitable for those of you who already have worked with PHP 4 in the past.
If you came here to learn about elementary PHP 4 or basic PHP 5, this is for you. Enjoy!
The tutorials are divided into 15 main sections as below:
- PHP 101 (part 1): Down the Rabbit Hole
- PHP 101 (part 2): Calling All Operators
- PHP 101 (part 3): Looping the Loop
- PHP 101 (part 4): The Food Factor
- PHP 101 (part 5): Rank and File
- PHP 101 (part 6): Functionally Yours
- PHP 101 (part 7): The Bear Necessities
- PHP 101 (part 8): Databases and Other Animal
- PHP 101 (part 9): SQLite My Fire!
- PHP 101 (part 10): A Session In The Cookie Jar
- PHP 101 (part 11): Sinfully Simple
- PHP 101 (part 12): Bugging Out
- PHP 101 (part 13): The Trashman Cometh
- PHP 101 (part 14): Going to the Polls
- PHP 101 (part 15): No News is Good News