Choosing a Content Management System
The most commonly asked question when it comes to Content Management System is whether to build or buy (pre-built). While there are many factors to be taken into consideration when deciding between the two, many go for the later.
Nowadays, there are a number of Content Management Systems available for you at no cost thanks to open source. As you are spoilt with choice, I hope the following questions will help you minimize your choices on deciding a Content Management System for your website.
1. Does it have all the basic features that a Content Management System should have? (For eg: Authentication, Multi-users access, Different user roles, Archiving content, etc)
2. Does it allow you to have unlimited content (i.e: sections, pages, page length and so on)?
3. Does it allow you to upload multimedia content such as images, flash, videos, etc?
4. Does it come with a Rich Text Editor (Wysiwyg)?
5. Does it have a built-in search engine?
6. Is it easy to use for non-technical users?
7. Does it provide a required level of flexibility for customisation?
8. Does it provide a consistent user interface?
9. Does it offer an off-the-Box solution with a minimal level of configuration?
10. Does it have a growing community of contributors and users?
Ei Sabai Nyo