Excellent reasons on why everyone should use web standards. Read the full post at 456bereastreet.
If you’re a web developer or designer new to the concept of web standards and are undecided on whether you should spend the time to learn all about them or not, here are some of the most important reasons for doing so.
For web professionals who are already using web standards, this list may come in handy when you need good arguments. And feel free to add any additional benefits you can think of.
- Make yourself look professional
- Make your clients look good
- Maximize the number of potential visitors
- Faster loading and reduced bandwidth usage
- Provide the foundation for accessibility
- Improve search engine rankings
- Make your markup easier to maintain
- Future-proof content
- Good business sense
- It’s the right way to do things